As of September 13th, 2021, the Greater Vancouver Zoo will not be requiring proof of vaccination to attend our facility. Indoor seating at the Safari Grill will be closed until further notice; but outdoor covered seating will continue to be available. Face masks will continue to be required for all guests over the age of 12 in our indoor spaces, such as guest services and our gift shop Grizzly Gifts. Capacity limits are also being reintroduced to each of these indoor spaces. We kindly ask all guests to adhere to the posted signage around the facility to help us maintain a healthy, safe, and fun experience for everyone. Thank you.
CURRENT PANDEMIC POLICIES OF THE GREATER VANCOUVER ZOO (July 30, 2021)
Safety for our guests has always been a top priority of the Greater Vancouver Zoo. As we have adapted to this new reality around us, we have had to put new policies in place to continue to maintain the high level of safety we strive for. You can expect the following policies to be in effect for your visit.
- Our facility is 120 acres of land, primarily outdoors. Using the amount of open space on our pathways, as well as research was taken from other similarly sized facilities, we have been approved for 2400 individuals at a time. With this, we have not had to make our tickets date or time-specific.
- We will continue to monitor our attendance levels and make updates to this policy as needed to ensure the safety of our guests.
- Staff will continue to wear masks while on shift for their safety and the safety and comfort of our guests.
- Masks are encouraged, but not mandatory, for all guests while on property.
- The Greater Vancouver Zoo has made a commitment to sanitization throughout our facility. High contact touchpoints are sanitized regularly. We also have hand sanitizing stations positioned around the park for your convenience.
- At this time all shows and feedings have been canceled, as we cannot encourage a large crowd to gather in front of any enclosures. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- When you first enter our facility, you will notice pawprints painted along our pathways. These are directional markers to show you the designated walking path through the Zoo. We ask all guests to observe these one-way paths and socially distance from other groups enjoying the property.
- All indoor spaces and any lineups have markers on the ground to aid in social distancing. We ask all guests to observe this spacing when in line or exploring an indoor space.
TOUCHLESS PAYMENT AND ENTERING METHODS
- We would like to encourage guests to pay with cards or tapping devices. However, we are still accepting cash payments at this time.
- We would also like to encourage guests to prepurchase tickets online. Our new admissions building features state-of-the-art turnstile machines that will allow you to skip the line and scan yourselves into the Zoo with these online tickets. Please have them loaded up and ready on your mobile device.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS AND GROUPS
- If you are a work or school group looking to visit us as a group, please email email@example.com for further information on options for you.
Our protocols in place: GVZoo Covid Protocol July 21, 2021.pdf
March 25th, 2021
The Greater Vancouver Zoo will be updating its Covid-19 protocol monthly to keep up to date with ongoing developments in the pandemic including Provincial Health Authority updates and the positive detection of the virus in felines, primates, and mustelids. CAZA has submitted several recommendations to the directors of all accredited zoos in Canada. The GVZoo has adopted these rules and will be taking even more precautions.