A few minor changes have been made based on BC Public Health recommendations, and we have taken it upon ourselves to go above and beyond to make GVZoo the safest place to bring the family.
INDOOR SEATING AT SAFARI GRILL IS CLOSED
CURRENT PANDEMIC POLICIES OF THE GREATER VANCOUVER ZOO (March 30, 2021)
Safety for our guests has always been a top priority of the Greater Vancouver Zoo. As we have adapted to this new reality around us, we have had to put new policies in place to continue to maintain the high level of safety we strive for. You can expect the following policies to be in effect for your visit.
- Our facility is 120 acres of land, primarily outdoors. Using the amount of open space on our pathways, as well as research was taken from other similarly sized facilities, we have been approved for 2400 individuals at a time. However, in order to make your visit safer, we have decided to limit capacity to 1600-people at one time. With this, we have not had to make our tickets date or time-specific.
- We will continue to monitor our attendance levels and make updates to this policy as needed to ensure the safety of our guests.
- Masks are required for all guests over the age of 12 in all indoor spaces. This includes our washrooms, concession, gift shop, and customer service area.
- Masks are encouraged, but not mandatory, for all guests outside while on property.
- The Greater Vancouver Zoo has made a commitment to sanitization throughout our facility. High contact touchpoints are sanitized regularly. We also have hand sanitizing stations positioned around the park for your convenience.
- At this time all shows and feedings have been canceled, as we cannot encourage a large crowd to gather in front of any enclosures. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- When you first enter our facility, you will notice pawprints painted along our pathways. These are directional markers to show you the designated walking path through the Zoo. We ask all guests to observe these one-way paths and socially distance from other groups enjoying the property.
- All indoor spaces and any lineups have markers on the ground to aid in social distancing. We ask all guests to observe this spacing when in line or exploring an indoor space.
TOUCHLESS PAYMENT AND ENTERING METHODS
- We would like to encourage guests to pay with cards or tapping devices. However, we are still accepting cash payments at this time.
- We would also like to encourage guests to prepurchase tickets online. Our new admissions building features state-of-the-art turnstile machines that will allow you to skip the line and scan yourselves into the Zoo with these online tickets. Please have them loaded up and ready on your mobile device.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS AND GROUPS
- At this time, the Greater Vancouver Zoo has had to pause a number of our special packages and rates. This includes our group rate as well as our birthday packages. We are taking all precautions to stay in line with the provincial mandates around social gatherings. As our packages were designed for groups larger than 10 people, we have paused them. We appreciate the understanding of our guests on this matter.
- If you are a work or school group looking to visit us as a group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on options for you.
Our protocols in place: GVZoo Winter.Plan.pdf
March 25th, 2021
The Greater Vancouver Zoo will be updating its Covid-19 protocol monthly to keep up to date with ongoing developments in the pandemic including Provincial Health Authority updates and the positive detection of the virus in felines, primates, and mustelids. CAZA has submitted several recommendations to the directors of all accredited zoos in Canada. The GVZoo has adopted these rules and will be taking even more precautions.