GENERAL ZOO POLICIES
Welcome to the Greater Vancouver Zoo! We kindly request that you follow these easy to follow policies and it will make your visit and the next person's visit an enjoyable day for all.
- Please treat all of our animals, reptiles, birds and plants with respect. Do not yell, run after, pull their feathers or throw anything at the animals. Picking flowers or other greenery and feeding to our animals can be toxic to certain animals. Loud behaviour stresses our animals..so please be courteous towards them and their surroundings.
- Respect all barriers for the safety of both the animals and guests at the Zoo.
- No outside animals are allowed on Zoo grounds except accredited trained service dogs in certain areas, by prior appointment only. Please contact Menita Prasad at 604.856.6825 ext. 32 or email email@example.com to reserve your next visit.
- No balloons or straws are allowed on Zoo grounds as they may be ingested by one of our animals.
- Feeding and touching the animals is strictly prohibited.
- We are a smoke-free environment. Guests who wish to smoke are welcome to have their hand stamped for same day re-entry when leaving our grounds to smoke in the parking area.
* The best way for the keepers to know if an animal is sick is whether or not it is eating. If visitors feed them, we cannot properly monitor their health, which may also lead to obesity or disease. The animals must not be touched for safety reasons (bites, scratches and disease transfers) and to reduce stress on the animals.
You may be filmed, video-taped or photographed during your visit with us. By your admission into the zoo serves as permission for use of your image by the Greater Vancouver Zoo.
The commercial use of photographic, video, film images of the Greater Vancouver Zoo and it's animals is strictly prohibited without the written consent of the Zoo. Please contact Ashley Rafaoui at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.856.6825 ext 25, for further information or requests.
FOREIGN VISITOR/TRAVELLER INFORMATION
Please be aware that if you have been outside of North America in the last 2 weeks (in particular farms), we request that you discuss our animal health policies with our admissions staff. Please contact Menita Prasad at email@example.com
or 604.856.6825 ext 32 for more information.